My dear readers,
Oftentimes it’s so very easy to become consumed with menial things that can cause distractions to the simple and beautiful blessings each day brings.
This morning as I read my Bible plan, one of the “to-dos” to do was to think about the goodness of God and to think about what I have to be thankful for. In this present moment, I want to share with you what I’m immensely thankful for.
I realize that there is always something to express gratitude towards. Even in the midst of waiting, the midst of pain, and confusion God allows grace for every moment and seeing as I have breath in my lungs I choose to breathe in the gifts of each day. To see with eyes set upon the Son that life can be filled with joy, with peace, and with wholeness.
List of Gratitude
- Sunny mornings like the one I woke up to today.
- Earl Grey Rooibos tea with light honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Upperroom Dallas and the heart of worship they have that encourages me to continue to seek God with a heart of worship. (If you like worship music, look up Upperroom on YouTube. It will bless yo life.)
- My family and friends who exercise grace towards me on a daily basis.
- Books…(there’s not much else to add to this one.)
- Quiet moments
- Clarity and answered prayers and spiritual disciplines.
- Learning to love the way God does because I haven’t always done it right.
- God’s immeasurable love for me.
- Lastly, this blog and the discipline I’m developing with posting more.
Let me know in the comments what you’re thankful for. If you can’t think of anything, take some time and reflect on what you have that brings you joy.
Sincerely a girl learning gratitude for the daily,
*feature photo by Anete Lusina on Unsplash.com (click here)